Sharp 80 is a TRS-80 Model III computer emulator for Windows. Relive the glory of 80's 8-bit computing!
"[Emulation] is the sincerest form of flattery." ― Charles Caleb Colton
About Sharp 80
This is a full-featured emulator of a TRS-80 Model III microcomputer. It is free of charge and all source code is publically available. It includes:
- Complete and self contained with ROM and DOS built in
- Faithful Z-80 CPU emulation (including undocumented opcodes -- passes all ZEXALL opcode tests)
- Runs at standard 2.03MHz (or run up to 100MHz on a modern PC)
- Supports up to four virtual floppy drives, and all major virtual floppy formats (DMK, JV3, JV1)
- Tape drive emulation supports high and low speed reading and writing (CAS format)
- Windowed and full-screen modes
- Built-in Z-80 assembler and disassembler
- Real-time monitor of Z-80 CPU internals and IO device status
- Bundled disk and tape library includes applications, utilities, operating systems, and games
- Printer to file support
- Support for all video modes, including wide characters and Kanji mode
- Run old TRS-80 programs for fun and general interest
- Document the internal workings of this ground-breaking 8-bit machine
- Provide examples of emulation techniques for others to use
See a full list of features and commands on the instructions page.
Sharp 80 is Free and Open Source. All the source code for Sharp 80 is available on GitHub.