Power64 is an emulator for the Commodore C64. It allows you to run your favorite C64 software on your Apple Macintosh (with PowerPC or intel-CPU (with Rosetta)) at full speed with smooth graphics and great sound.
Power64 emulates all important features of a real C-64 such as:
- MOS 6510 CPU Emulation (incl. Illegal Opcodes)
- VIC (VideoIC) Emulation (Cycle Precision, incl. all Video Modes, Sprites, Soft-Scrolling, Raster Interrupts, Sprite Collision, Open Top/Bottom/Left/Right Borders), Antialiasing to emulate the blurr of a TV screen
- SID (SoundID) Emulation (incl. Waveforms, Envelopes (ADSR), Ring-Modulation, Synchronisation, Filters, Resonance, Samples)
- Interface to the reSID Library by Dag Lem, that offers almost 100% precise SID Emulation (incl. Filters, Resonance).
- CIA Emulation (incl. Timers, Interrupts, Time of Day, Alarm)
- Optional Original C64 Keyboard Layout or Macintosh Keyboard Layout
- Joysticks (both via real USB Joysticks and Keyboard mapping), Mouse, Paddles and Lightpen emulated
- CPU Level 1541 Floppy Disk Emulation using *.D64 and *.G41 (GCR) disks. Can handle most fast-loaders and special floppy tricks.
- ROM Level 1541 Disk Drive Emulation (*.D64, *.X64 and ZipCode files supported) for fast and easy disk access.
- ROM Level 1571 and 1581 Disk Drive Emulation (*.D71, *.D81) for fast and easy disk access to large disks.
- Direct Access to Macintosh File System (both *.C64 and *.P00 files supported). Even ZIP-archives with collections of *.C64 and *.P00 files can easily be used just like a folder on a harddisk.
- Tape Drive (Datasette) emulated (*.T64 and Lynx files)
- Raw Tape (TAP) Emulation for maximal compatibility
- TapeDisk: *.T64 and Lynx files can also be used on disk drives
- Support for Games on *.CRT ROM Cartridges
- Automatic expansion of ZIP, GZ and LHA compressed Disk or Tape images. No need to expand compressed images from CD-ROM to harddisk. Just run them from the CD. Power64 can also write GZ files, saving space on the Mac HD.
- Printer Emulation (Text only in C64 mode, Text & Graphics under GEOS)
For maximal ease of use, Power64 features:
- Support for OpenGL for smooth C64 windows of arbitrary size with perfect filtering.
- Screen dialogs and full documentation is available in English, German, Spanish and (dialogs only) French.
- Drag & Drop mounting of Disks.
- View the Directory of a Disk or Tape Drive. Load and run games with a simple double-click. No more typing BASIC commands.
- Copy files between disks, tapes and the Mac harddisk using Drag & Drop.
- Built in Monitor/Debugger for an inside view of C64 code.
- Special Optimisations for GEOS 2.0. (faster disk access, custom printer driver, etc.)
- Display the current C64 keyboard layout on the screen to find graphics characters quickly.
- Cut & Paste makes it easy to 'type' long listings into the C64.
- Optional hidden menubar for maximal C64 feeling
- Run several C64's at once
- Simply extend Power64 to load all your "essential" programs with a single click of your mouse.
- Balloon Help
- Support for Apples Navigation Services
Note also that Power64:
- Runs on any PowerPC or Intel Macintosh at 100% of the original C-64 Speed
- Is a 'clean' Macintosh application that will work with most hard- and software add-ons
- Is Shareware! You can download your free copy from this site. Power64 is fully functional, and that you can test it with your favorite games, but it is restricted to 10 minutes per session until you register.