Gearsystem is a cross-platform Sega Master System / Game Gear / SG-1000 emulator written in C++ that runs on Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Raspberry Pi and RetroArch.
This is an open source project with its ongoing development made possible thanks to the support by these awesome backers.
- Sega Mark III
- Sega Master System
- Sega Game Gear
- Sega Game 1000 (SG-1000)
- Othello Multivision
- Accurate Z80 core, including undocumented opcodes and behaviour like R and MEMPTR registers.
- Multi-Mapper support: SEGA, Codemasters, Korean, SG-1000, and ROM only cartridges.
- External RAM support with save files.
- Automatic region detection: NTSC-JAP, NTSC-USA, PAL-EUR.
- Accurate VDP emulation including timing and SMS2 only 224 mode support.
- Internal database for rom detection.
- Audio emulation using SDL Audio and Sms_Snd_Emu library.
- Saves battery powered RAM cartridges to file.
- Save states.
- Compressed rom support (ZIP deflate).
- Game Genie and Pro Action Replay cheat support.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Linux, macOS, Raspberry Pi, iOS and RetroArch (libretro).