Java implementation of a VIC-20 Emulator that focuses on emulation and debugging features. It is not as complete (or nearly as fast) as other emulators. As a toy project in Java I did it just for the fun of virtually rebuilding old hardware in Software and reviving memories...
- Mostly complete (but slow) emulation of CPU, VIC, VIAs.
- Peripheral emulation: video, keyboard & joystick.
- Debugger works and can use symbol tables (e.g. from ca65/ld65).
- Loads rom images and prg files.
- Not well documented.
- Download the zip package and extract it to your local harddisk
- On windows: Either run vic20emu.exe or runemu.bat (needs jre 1.6.x)
- Other platforms: take a look at runemu.bat for java setup.
Usage (from source)
- Checkout source.
- Get ROM images somewhere else (e.g. from VICE or ftp.zimmers.net)
- Look into emulator.VicMain and edit the path to ROM images.
- Run emulator.VicMain and have fun!
- Build your own extensions and improvements ;-)
Android port (new, contributed by Lee Fuller)
- Checkout branch "android"
- Build project
- Use "adb install bin/Vicoid20.apk" to install it on your Android device.